Any permanent dwelling and household effects that you and your cohabiting partner have bought to be used by you jointly constitute cohabitation property. If your relationship ceases, cohabitation estate division must take place. The dwelling and household effects must then be divided up between you. If you do not want the provisions of the Swedish Cohabitation Act to apply you can write a cohabitation agreement before or during your cohabitation relationship. This will mean you will not have to carry out estate division if you separate.