Setting up with a partner from another country and moving abroad are becoming increasingly common. Questions can then arise as to which country’s law is to be applied, e.g. in the event of estate division or distribution of an inheritance.

A parent will sometimes take a child to or keep a child in a country other than the child’s country of residence, against the other parent’s will. This may be a violation of the Hague Convention on unlawful removal of children.

Stockholms familjerättsadvokat can assist you regarding matters with an international connection.